The WRaPT team, tool and techniques can help you to produce a single view of the workforce in your area.
The Lancashire and South Cumbria LWAB (Local Workforce Action Board) commissioned WRaPT to produce a workforce baseline report for the STP area. The L&SC STP covers circa 250 organisations in the comprising of Acute, Community, Social and Primary Care providers.
The WRaPT team completed this request by:
- Coordinating the data sharing sign off process; by creating data agreements in the Information Sharing Gateway (ISG) tool and liaising with partner organisations to advise and request sign off.
- Organising and managing the data submission process by working collaboratively with provider organisations to collate workforce data in a uniform format using the WRaPT workforce template (including Bank and Agency data).
- Ensuring that base data was uploaded into WRaPT.
- Forming composite datasets by linking multiple sources of data together, including primary data collections with publicly available data (i.e. NHS Digital GP Workforce statistics and NMDS for Social Care).
- Conducting analysis of workforce data at various levels (system, organisation, provider type).
- Producing a final report for publication to HEE North West and the L&SC LWAB.
Utilising a consistent structure and a single repository through the WRaPT tool allowed the LWAB to develop:
- A clear understanding of the makeup of each service; which organisations are involved and how much capacity was being deployed
- A thorough analysis of the positional and characteristic makeup of the STP overall and in each of the provider organisations.
- An understanding of the composition of staff groups and roles within the programme and identification of aging populations to assess likely shortages in the future
- Initial ideas formed around areas that required further exploration
Find out how to produce your own baseline report by following our guide “Creating a Standard Baseline Report” available in the Resources section.