Bay Integrated Care Community – Better Care Together
Bay Integrated Care Community (ICC) is a ‘place based’ system of care, seeking to proactively maintain and improve the health of the population living in the areas of Morecambe and Heysham which is part of the Better Care Together (BCT) vanguard programme.
The purpose of the ICC is to proactively manage the health and care needs of the most vulnerable members of the community by providing an integrated core team to deliver appropriate care outside of a hospital setting.
The ICC/Integrated team aims to:
- Reduce the number of unnecessary Accident & Emergency attendances
- Prevent unnecessary admissions to hospitals
- Provide advanced care planning to more people
- Identify and manage more vulnerable patients closer to home
- Utilise technology to improve patient access to services and health monitoring
To support the creation of the ICC the BCT programme are utilising the Population Centric Workforce Planning approach to determine the shape of the required workforce.